Sunday, February 22, 2009

Feb 20



Today is February 20, 2009. Today is another all boat day. These days can either be boring or really fun. Today was a little boring. I woke up to have breakfast, and then fell back asleep. I woke up to have lunch. Then I went to this movie called “Encounters at the End of the World.” It was a very interesting movie. This man named Werner Herzog talked to different specialists in Antarctica about what they do and why they are here (in Antarctica). One man said that one day, man will be extinct. He said that we will all die off like the dinosaurs. That is a little scary to think about.

         Then we had a slide show of people’s pictures on the boat. The professional photographers made suggestion for everyone’s pictures – one of whom was the Director of Photography of National Geographic Magazine for 10 years, so it was a little intimidating. They really liked mine. I had a shot of baby penguins walking, a penguin bighting at my dad’s shirt, and a seal lying in the sun. “They were all good photos,” they said.   I was very proud of myself. I don’t really take that many photos. Also, I think they really liked my dad’s photos – the National Geographic guy said that one of his photos “did something that I can’t do”, which he said was the highest compliment he gives. 

Then everyone headed for dinner. For an update on my brother, sister, mom, and grandma: they got off their original boat. They are now on a different boat and are about a day away from Ushuaia where they are going to fly home. I am glad that they are okay.

 

Bye for now,

 

Emily

No comments: