Sunday, February 15, 2009

Feb 14


Today is the second day upon the Explorer. (the boat)I woke up at around eight. It was Valentines Day! The 14th, Sat. As I woke up I noticed that I couldn’t see any land. I started to wonder why, until I realized that the “Explorer” was in the Drake Passage!

            I was a little scared, but I soon got use to it. The waves were only about 15 feet! They were really small. I was really glad.

            So I headed down for breakfast. It was a nice and quiet morning. Nothing much happening. I ate then headed to the lounge. It was time for the “Introduction to our Expedition Team” and it started in about 20 min. All the staff introduced themselves and I had a good time. My dad and I stayed a little latter and played some cards. Nothing that exciting.

            When we finished playing cards we head caught up on some Zsss. Then when I woke up I started to do a little homework. It was a little boring.

            After that I went to the Bridge of the boat. It was really cool up there. There was a staff member up there. That was the only person up there. All the navigation things were pretty neat. There are buttons for an emergency, buttons for the direct coarse of the boat. They have everything up there. It was fun to see.

            I then headed for tea. They served cookies and lemon cake down in the Bistro. I took a few cookies and went back up to my cabin. The cookies were little peanut butter. They tasted really good. I also took a cup of tea. It was really good.

            About an hour after teatime I went to a lecture about making good photos. It was cool because the person showing the photos used to be the person who picked and shot the photos for National Geographic magazine. His pictures were amazing.

            At 7:30 they served dinner. I got the special order of stake. They only gave it to me because all the things I couldn’t or didn’t want on the menu. The stake was really good. Everyone got a special dessert because it was Valentines Day. It was lemon sherbet with a chocolate heart on top. It was very good. After dinner I went to sleep. I had a nice day.

 

Bye for now,

 Emily

4 comments:

Dominique said...

Hi, Emily, we are back in school after the long weekend, and all 6th graders are in my class with John and me, reading your blog. You should get some messages soon... Thanks for all the news! Have fun! Domi

Anonymous said...

how big was the boat that you went on?

--Alex

Anonymous said...

Domi was right!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

have fun bring me back a penguin just kidding ok have fun ciao ps check out my site going to the carnevale this weekend. how do u post pic ok ciao :B