

When we started the hike it was on rocks. After a little bit it became ice. It was a lot easier. The mountain got really steep too. So steep that the doctor said that is should wait where I was. I got really bored so my Dad and I decided to sled down the hill on our butts. It was really fun. I went really fast because I was lying down. I was like a rocket. I went down about five times.
As my dad and I were coming down the mountain two of the staff members came down with us. When we were going down the rocky way we went a different way. It was down a steep little pathway. The little hill had a bunch of loose rocks and it was hard to get down. But I made it.
After I came down I went to the boat. At the boat I had lunch. As I was finishing lunch I went outside and looked at all the ice and the whales. There were a bunch of humpbacks. There was a mom and it’s calf. The whales came up right next to the boat. Their heads came out of the water and it was really cool to watch.
After an hour of watching I had dinner. Right after dinner we had another excursion. It started at 6:30. My dad decided not to come on this one because he wasn’t feeling good. When I got to the island I got bored because I didn’t want to go on the hike. So I decided to learn how to drive a zodiac. It was real easy. It was just like an electric scooter, but you turn by moving the stick that is attached to the motor. It was very fun.
After an hour and a half of driving the zodiac I went back to the boat. I went straight to bed when I got back because it was 11:00, and I was tired. That was the end of the 4th day on the boat.
1 comment:
Cool stuff, Emily. You learned to drive a Zodiac and you saw humpback babies and moms and you slid on your booty on the ice. Sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing. Any chance for more photos?
Post a Comment