

Today is February 28, 2009. Today is another boat day. I slept in until late morning again because we keep on moving our clocks ahead one hour, so I am staying up later and sleeping in. South Africa’s time is 10-hours ahead of Santa Barbara’s (and 5-hours ahead of the part of Antarctica where we were a few days ago). I did a little math before lunch.
After lunch we had another photo Critique, this one about our South Georgia pictures. They liked the photos that my dad and I took. I liked his too. After that we had tea. Then my dad and I went up in the lounge and we saw some pictures this man took. He put them on a certain program to make his photos look really cool and they did. His photos weren’t the best ones, but with the program they looked cool.
Once his slide show was over there was another thing to do in the lounge right after that. A man was going to make a special announcement. I think he was a comedian or something like that. He was making everyone laugh. It was funny to see the whole crowd laughing. He was making fun of this trip. He had a really heavy Scottish accent and was really funny.
Then I went back to my cabin to do some schoolwork, and then it was dinnertime. We were having a special Philippines dinner. The staff wore their traditional dresses and things as they would in the Philippines (all the kitchen staff and much of the crew on our ship are from the Philippines). The dinner was good because they cooked some of their traditional food. It was really good.
After dinner I watched a show about a National Geographic photographer who worked for the director of photography guy on our ship. He lives a crazy life full of adventure, but it seems like his family really suffers and misses him because he is gone from home so much. Then my dad and I started to watch the movie: The Bourne Identity, but I didn’t get to see all of it because I fell asleep – too bad because it was the only regular movie of the whole trip.
Bye for now,
Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment