Today is March 8, 2009. We are arriving in Cape Town, South Africa and will be leaving the boat today. I am excited and a little bit sad. I want to leave, but I don’t. I have been living on the boat for the past 25 days and it’s starting to feel like a second home, but I am excided to get off and start our African adventure.
Unfortunately, as we were on our early morning approach to Cape Town, the wind started to blow at near hurricane force and our boat couldn’t go up to the harbor because the harbor pilot couldn’t get out to us (the harbor pilot is in charge of parking the boat), and then the harbor closed for the day. We would have to spend another day on the boat and miss one of our days in Africa. But then, later in the afternoon, a small boat with the South African Immigration and Customs agents was able to get out to our boat and my quick thinking dad made arrangements for us to go ashore on the customs boat when they were done. We were going to leave the boat after all. I said good-bye to all of my friends and then left on the boat.
Tony (our friend and tour guide) drove us out to our hotel. Tony was our guide the last time we were in Cape Town. He was so good that my dad decided to ask him if he was available for us again, and he was! This time Tony was going to take us down the Garden Route.
Since we left later than we planned we got into the hotel at around 11:00pm. I was really tired because we were driving the whole entire way starting at 3:00pm when we first got ashore.
The hotel we stayed at was called the Eight Bells. It was a nice little hotel. It was really called a mountain inn, though. The hotel had a little kitten and she was very cute. She was very playful too.
Once we got to the hotel I went straight to sleep. I had a really tiring day. Just like the first day of my trip. The days ahead of me are just going to get busier and busier.
Bye for Now,
Emily


No comments:
Post a Comment