
Today is my first day on the boat to Antarctica. The date is February 13, 2009. It is 9:30 at night here. Our boat left for departure around six. We haven’t gotten to the drake passage yet. Once we do though the swells will be about 20 feet. I am a little scared because I will be asleep when we hit them, so I don’t want to fall out of my bed!
I took three airplane rides to get out to Ushuaia. That is were my boat left from. We stopped at Peru, Santiago, and from Santiago we flew to Ushuaia. It took two days to do all that flying. The first night I slept on the plane and the second one in a hotel. It took a while to get here.
I’ve been on the boat for a couple hours now. I already finished the safety drill and dinner. I am getting ready to go to sleep about now. My journey so far has been a tiring one. I hope that Antarctica will be really fun. I can’t wait to get there!
Bye for now,
Emily
17 comments:
Hi, Emily, just got your first blog. Sounds great! I want to know more about the penguin who jumped in your lap... We don't have chool tomorrow but on Tuesday in Humanities, I'll share your blog with everyone else.
Keep up the good work, send pictures...Interview people! From the captain to the chef to the crew members, passengers, photographer, etc...that's a really neat thing to do. See if you can get a tour of the whole ship, included places where people are usually not allowed, tell them you want to write about it (I did it on our ship, and it was very interesting).
Have a wonderful time, love you, Domi
Hey Emily! It's Hannah! Call me! It's like REALLY important! Awesome! Hope you have a good time! ❤Hannah
Hannah, tell whats really important in your comment (or email me if it's private) I can't call you - I'm in ANTARCTICA! -Emily
Thats hawesome! pretty coo!
-katie p.
hope u hav fun @ antartica
rambojoe280 likes your blog.
no WAY! that is too cool! that is awesome!
-Marandah in 7th Grade
O MY GAWD what you doing sounds like so much fun!
how big are the penguins? Are there lots of them?
hey its nick from your carpool... I'm really impressed you have a great writing talent....
Um.... Emily, it's kind of private! I'll email you. Email me back!!!
Ahh!!!! Emily!!! EMAIL ME!!!!! NOW!!! I NEED to talk to you!!! When are you coming back??? Miss you, ❤ Hannah
MUAH HA HA HA HA!!!!! Sorry, crazy moment. Seems like you're having fun!!! I MISS U!
Hannah
Emily!!! I want to talk to you!!! Why. Do. You. Have. To. Leave. Right. When. I. Need. To. Tell. You. Something. ?. !.
Hi
Hi Emily! It's Hannah!
Hey Emily! Are you coming home today? Miss u! ❤Hannah
Post a Comment